Tidebuy - Refusal of refund for inferior product

Tidebuy.com – buyer beware!I ordered a $200 dress from this online manufacturer and the product I received was just simply horrible.

The bodice material did not cover where the skirt started and it looked unfinished. There were several loose threads, unraveling appliqués, and the sleeves were uneven and badly finished. I sent pictures and requested to get their "mandatory authorization" to return the dress for a refund, according to their stated policy. However, Tidebuy did not comply.

Through a series of dozens of emails over a three-week period they agreed that the dress was badly made but suggested such things as: I could sell the dress to someone else; I could give it away as a gift; I could pay to have a tailor fix it. They upped their offer of compensation from $3 to $5 after three weeks of arguing-??? I gave them plenty of opportunities to make things right, but, in the last email I received from them, they shamelessly implied that, because they are in a developing country, it is okay for them to keep my money and leave me with a dress that I will never wear, because I am in a developed country.

I am at a loss for words on this last communication.

I strongly urge anyone contemplating ordering products online, especially clothing, to do research beforehand and heed the warnings of others.I did not, and I have paid $220 for this stupidity on my part.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 11 #1157362

This is true, everything you said happened to me and those answers they gave you are the same answers I got from them. They're freaking, *** horrible company.

0 0 Reply

May 11 #1157642

I am sorry you were yet another victim of Tidebuy. My rip-off happened in 2013 and it distresses me even more to learn that in 2016 they are still in business and still robbing people of hard-earned money for bad products. But what can we do besides trying to warn others? Chalk it up to a lesson well learned. I do not order online anymore if I can help it, and especially not "tailored" clothing! Good luck going forward.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Tidebuy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Tidebuy.
Filing a new complaint about